Sunday, August 18, 2013

So this is what's going on!

So I'm back! I will get back on my regular blogging schedule. I started a new job and had to get into the swing of things, a routine...you get it right? So let me bring you up to speed on what I have been up to.

I have been trying to use things in my makeup collection that I rarely touch, like my pressed pigments or my other paint pots besides painterly. This has been a bit of a challenge for me, to step out of the box, but hey I purchased all of this stuff for a reason so ummm hello use it biotch!

Last night was a prime example of using new "old" products. For my eye makeup look I used Blackground and then put Blacklit electric cool eyeshadow over it. These eyeshadows are OLD! I'm talking like June 2012! I never opened it! And Blackground, well I think I have used that pain pot twice. I also used the pressed pigment in Light Touch on the inner part of my lid. At first I was reaching for the wipes to take this look off, but then I saw I was out of time, so I had no choice. The look eventually grew on me. I also smudge eyeliner underneath my lower lash line which was way out of the box for me. If I don't put blacktrack in my water line, then I put nothing on underneath. Below is a pic. Let me know if you want names of the colors.

           
















In addition to stepping out of the box with my eyes, I have been doing so with other products I have that I don't use. Enter Golden Elixir Strobe Liquid from the Temperature Rising Collection. This is a product that gives you a glow....think J. Lo. I never know how to use this since its liquid, but I attempted. I applied my Neutralize Skin Enhancer and then the Golden Elixir over it with my 187 brush, then my Prolongwear foundation with my Beauty Blender. I think you can see the glow, or is that my highlighter that I used? Which PS Mac Cream Color Base in Pearl, most amazing Highlighter EVERRRR!!!  Below is a pic too, and I got a new blush, do we like?