Monday, April 29, 2013

Motivation Monday

Recipe Time!!! Yes I know this is a change, but I love to make protein pancakes and they are just too yummy not to share! They are super easy to make, fast, and are packed with protein!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup egg whites (usually just from one egg)
1 banana 
Protein Powder preferably in vanilla
Cinnamon
Fruit (optional)

You need a mixing bowl and then a griddle for where you will be cooking the pancakes, and some pan spray so that the pancakes won't stick to the pan. 

First you need to smash the banana. I use a tiny food chopper thing to get it smooth, but I have used a potato masher gadget in the past and it works, but you just have larger pieces. 

The banana all smashed up! 


When the banana in smashed, combine that and the egg whites in the mixing bowl, add 1 leveled scoop of you protein powder, sprinkle some cinnamon. Mix away!!!

This is my protein powder

This is what it should look like before it is mixed.

This is what it should look like when everything is mixed together. It will be thick, don't worry, that is normal. 

Once everything is mixed all together you are now ready to cook. Spray your griddle first so that your pancakes do not stick to your pan, even though it may be nonstick like mine is, I still use spray. 

The pancakes will cook rather quickly, so be sure to keep an eye on them and keep the heat on the stove between high and sim. You will see the pancakes start to look dark almost burnt, that is ok, don't worry, it won't taste burnt! Trust me! 

On the griddle, so you can see what size I did and the consistency.
Flipping is just like regular pancakes, but if the bottom is not cooked all the way, they will break apart, like one of mine did. Once they are done cooking, maybe 5 minutes, you can serve with fruit, fresh or frozen depending on what you have. I don't use syrup because why add sugar, and I'm not much of a syrup person, but if you want to, go ahead!! 
Today I added blueberries! 

I did some calculations and these have 249 calories and 24 grams of protein! The caloric value may differ depending on the protein powder you use, I use Raw Protein which is plant based and only has 90 calories per scoop.