Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ankle booties

I have a pair of adorable ankle booties...oh you didn't know, maybe because they stay in the box in the back of my closet and NEVER get worn! I am trying to wear more of my clothes instead of the same outfits on repeat every week. When my brother moved out, I took over his closet too! I have enough clothes to prob wear a different item every day for easy three months straight!
Back to the ankle booties. I love them. I never wear them. I find its a style that is hard to rock. I have a long torso and short legs, my inseam is only 30 inches. I find ankle boots tend to make me look shorter, proportion wise.
To make the look with ankle booties a success, I think you need to elongate the torso, no issue here for me. You need to wear a tunic length shirt to balance out how the booties cut off your leg. My absolute favorite look is ankle booties with shorts or a dress and bare legs. However, since I have short stubs as legs, I cannot pull that look off. womp womp!
Here are some ankle bootie looks that I found on pintrest that I love!!!! Can't wait to experiment with my wardrobe!