Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh la la Lashes!

My favorite topic! We all know my lashes down right SUCK! You know how I try everything, and layer on the products and they are still just eh. Well, a few weeks ago, I took the plunge.....I got eye lash extensions!!!
I've been waiting to do this post, to see how they held up. I have to go back this week for a "fill." It is where they replace the lashes that have fallen off. Surprisingly, I haven't lost too many lashes, but I do feel like they are a little sparse as compared to when I first got them done. Then again, I notice it because they are mine, but I don't think it is as noticeable to someone else looking at me.
In order to get the extensions, your lashes have to be completely clean, also, if you wear contacts, like myself, you had to wear your glasses after the application is complete to allow the glue to dry. You also, cannot get your lashes wet, so no shower for 24 hrs. Another requirement is that you need to use an oil free makeup remover. If you use an oil based makeup remover, it will breakdown the bond between the natural lash and the extension. Also, you should comb them so they don't get matted.
It was a little difficult in the beginning getting used to them, but I have come to realize, they aren't as fragile as I was treating them. I am so beyond happy that I got my lashes done. My makeup takes maybe 10 minutes now, because I don't need any mascara or anything. I comb my lashes and go!


This is a before pic....do I even have lashes??


Don't mind the creepy eye pics, this was the only way I could capture them.





And yes, I got my eyebrows done, sorry for looking like a snuffleupagus.