Monday, October 17, 2011

Gallery Wall

Hope you guys don't mind the shift in gears to a home post today. It's a nice change to do a home decor post. I might be a bit late on this trend, but I love it! I think it is a great day to display your favorite (old and new) photos. I never really had a wall that I would be able to utilize to do this, but since moving a tall and wide piece of furniture in the living room, now I do!

There are two problem with this gallery wall, and could use a little help. There is no black or dark colors in the room, so I was thinking of white and cream colored frames, only issue is, my wall is a light yellow...not sure how the lighter frames will look on that.
Second issue, well this is a stumper! My father, recently (in the past 2 years) lost 135 lbs!!! I know, what a huge accomplishment dad! That being said, he hates to see pictures of the "fat" him. So I need to choose wisely, but I also want to include some pictures from vacations and such when my brother and I were younger. I don't know how he will take to "fat" pictures of him being on display in our living/dining room.
I wanted to do this as a surprise for my parents when they are going away one weekend, however, thinking about it, I don't want to do it, and choose pictures he is not comfortable with displaying.

These are some images of gallery walls that I absolutely love!!! I also love the different shapes of the frames. I am on the hunt for some cool oval frames.


This one is by far my fav!

I love how the & sign is used....maybe I can incorporate a R somehow.