Friday, September 3, 2010

Excited is an Under Statement

I want to apologize in advance of my lack of blogging that will be occurring this weekend. Today, is the day, that my brother Officially gets sworn in as a paid firefighter for a neighboring town. I am so excited and proud of him, I am tearing up already! Come on Jess, pull it together!! He has been a volunteer firefighter in my town since he graduated High School ten years ago, and has excelled in that roll. He also got a job for our town as a Fire Inspector, but knew it wasn't what he wanted. He applied and took the test to be on the list for the city where he EVENTUALLY got hired over 4 years ago. You had to live in this town, which is a pretty standard requirement for most paid departments. Not only do they check out where you live, and quiz you about it, and ask to see your dirty clothes, and the contents of your fridge, but you also have to go through drug, psychological, physical test. I am just so proud of him that he stuck it out these last four years, through all the ups and downs of not knowing. If he didn't get hired now off of this list, he would have had to start the process all over again, and he might have reached the age limit by the time the city got to his number. At least he is in and golden! Oh also, which I find odd, today is so important to all of my family, and we are supposed to feel the effects of hurricane Earl. I don't know if I revealed yet, that my grandmother leaves me sings quite often to let me know she is around. But her name started with an E like Earl, and Earl has all three of her initials in the word, ELR. I find this so amazing. I think it is something more then a coincidence, what about you??
Have a great weekend everyone!!